TERM 1 2019
TERM 1 HIGH SCHOOL CLASS CURRENTLY NOT TAKING ENROLMENTS
CREATIVE EVENTS CLASS
Calling young Entrepreneurs!
In Term 1 2019, I will be bringing together a group of high school aged students from across Wagga Wagga to be a part of a creative event planning and producing class. Running for 10 weeks in total, we will plan and produce our very own event in Wagga Wagga, based on ideas generated entirely from the group.
Festival? Exhibition? Band night? Whatever it is the group wants, we will make it happen.
Over the 10 weeks you will become Marketing Gurus, Technical Managers, Creative Geniuses and Problem Solvers. At the end, we will donate any profit from the event to a local charity, chosen by the group.
I get sick of hearing negative commentary in the media about young people. In my experience, when young people are given the opportunity to dream, create, collaborate and produce something of their own, in a supported environment, they don’t let you down.
My time based in Deniliquin as Creative Producer for Outback Theatre for Young People taught me how inspiring and motivated young people can be. I want to tap into the entrepreneurial spirit of young people in Wagga Wagga and teach practical and creative skills in planning something great for ourselves and our community.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
– People wanting to work in a group towards something big. I’m thinking music, arts, festivals or exhibitions; whatever the group decides, we will make it happen.
– Creative young people who have an interest in arts, drama, events, media, creative pursuits, social issues and being creative.
– Teenagers that are sick of hearing adults bang on about young people being bad news (let’s prove them wrong thanks!).
– Someone with a social conscience who would get a buzz out of raising some funds for a local charity.
– Someone who has an idea for an event that they’ve always wanted to run (or go to!)
THE CLASS WILL COVER ALL ASPECTS OF:
– Event planning and producing. From brainstorming the event idea in the group, delegating tasks based on skill set and interest areas, and implementing the group’s idea.
– Marketing and promotion.
– The business side of things (yeah I know, the boring but essential bits!).
– Technical aspects of running an event.
– Partnering with local organisations and authorities, and attracting support.
WHEN: Term 1, 2019, Wednesday 30 January – Wednesday 10 April, 6-8pm, plus extra hours at event time.
COST: $290 per student, includes all materials and snacks. Please fill out an enrolment form, you can download it here: CREATE HUB HIGH SCHOOL Term 1 2019 Workshops Enrolment Form
PAYMENT: Direct Deposit to Claire Harris BSB: 062 600, Acc no: 1073 1238. Please use student’s name as a reference. Payment due by 15 January 2019.
VENUE: Create Hub Riverina, 10 Chaston Street Wagga
If you have ANY questions whatsoever, please feel free to call me on 0405 061 341 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.