TERM 3 ENROLMENTS OPEN
CLICK HERE FOR ENROLMENT FORM
Please make payment to Claire Harris BSB: 062 600 Acc: 1073 1238 using child’s name as reference prior to commencement of term.
MONDAY 3.45pm-4.45pm (School Years K-2/Ages 5-8) 1 hour class
22 July 2019 – 23 September 2019, Instructors: Claire Harris & Haya Arzidin. Cost: $230 per term
TUESDAY 3.45pm-5.15pm (School Years 3-6/Ages 8-12) 1.5 hour class // THIS CLASS IS FULL
23 July-24 September // Instructor: Claire Harris & Haya Arzidin. Cost: $260 per term
THURSDAY 3.45pm-5.15pm (School Years 3-6/Ages 8-12) 1.5 hour class
25 July-26 September // Instructors: Kate Bower & Haya Arzidin. Cost: $260 per term
SATURDAY 9am-10am (School Years K-2/Ages 5-8) 1 hour class
27 July-28 September
Instructor: Kate Bower. Cost: $230 per term.
ABOUT CREATE HUB’S PRIMARY AGED CLASSES
CREATE Hub’s program for Primary aged students (classes for school years K-2 & 3-6) is a space where young people can dream, create and explore their own creative interests with a group of likeminded people.
The ten weeks is a structured program including such activities as (but not limited to):
- Contemporary arts & craft. Nature printing, fibre art, collage & sculpting from found objects.
- Creative writing, storytelling and magazine making.
- Exploring different mediums such as oil pastels, charcoal, acrylic and watercolour paints and pencils.
- Oh the Drama! Drama games, confidence building activities and performance skill building.
- Bringing in our favourite objects from home to use as inspiration for creative writing, drawing and storytelling.
- Drawing, printing, painting and making; and,
- A range of exploratory creative thinking activities and projects.
We will play, explore, listen to music, eat and bring some awesome arts projects home at the end of the term. On the last day of class we will host our own, student designed and led, exhibition of all the beautiful things we have created together.
WHAT’S DIFFERENT ABOUT CREATE HUB?
At Create Hub we pride ourselves on creating programs WITH young people, not merely telling them what they should do. In week 1 we spend time delving in to what creativity means to them, and designing a program based around their interest areas, and the skills that they wish to develop. To us, it’s much more about the creative process, building confidence, respecting one another as artists and finding a space to feel welcomed and encouraged, than it is about the outcome (mind you, the creative outcomes are usually pretty amazing too!)
WHO IS THIS FOR?
This class is for primary aged young people who want to further explore their creativity. It will include specific arts and drama based activities, but is more generally about learning to be a creative thinker and working beautifully in a group with other creative thinkers.